We had our appt with the gastroenterologist and nutritionist late last week. The nutritionist was the one we had last time, the one who was judgemental and irritated the crap out of me (and Manolis). I specifically asked NOT to be seen by her again, requested the other one, and this one showed up. Manolis told me I offended her by saying I thought we were seeing Janet, I specifically made an appt with her. Tough shit! She offended me last time. She was a bit more subdued this time.
There wasn’t much to talk about, I updated them on what’d happened since the surgery, they could tell we were unhappy about our decision, but we’d decided we need to get a Gtube for Maria. The doc explained the 2 types of surgery: the easy way requires an upper GI where swallowing barium is required (NG tubed barium is ok), so they can be sure Maria’s stomach is on the right (for some kids it’s on the left). So this would be 2 more appts before the surgery–1 for the upper GI and 1 to see the surgeon. The hard way is done by laparoscopy, so the surgery is a bit more involved and no barium swallowing is necessary. A separate visit to meet the surgeon is required regardless. Our appt is Wednesday. He’ll make a recommendation on which type he thinks would be best. I already know it’s going to be the complicated one. I’m going to ask (demand?) that Maria get 2 IVs placed so if one fails, she’ll have another one available. We can’t go through what we did last time.
I asked if we needed to wait until she’s less compromised and he said no, that’s why we’re doing this. I wish I’d remembered at that moment that the reason we waited so long to see him is because HIS girl who answered the phone said we had to wait. I said I wanted to get it over with and she said we should wait a month or so. I’m sure he would like to know what the person answering the phones is saying…
Maria stayed home Friday because she had a fever Thurs eve and Friday. She was off Thursday morning, seemed very sad. We thought it might be because we were going to see the GI doc that afternoon, but maybe it was because she was already starting to feel crappy. She seems much better now. Maybe because she had a Shin Jin Jyutsu treatment Saturday?
We went to Sedona today for me to meet with a medical intuitive who gave me some interesting theories about my health. She’s one of the few in the world who’s trained to read the iris and sclera (whites of the eye) to determine your health and what to do about it. It was well worth the $ I paid — esp if it will cause me to keep my uterus and/or avoid another surgery. We’ll see… (oh yea and/or get rid of my pain)